Treasure bowl

This activity was made for my ten month old but works for older toddlers too.

I gathered a bunch of random things from around my house with different colors and textures and put them in a bowl. I tried to put some new things in the bowl that she hadn't seen before. However, my kids are into everything in our house so they've seen most of these things before. There were a few objects that were new, such as the duck and the shaped ice cube tray.


This is supposed to give the child time to learn about different things. According to my How To Raise An Amazing Child book, they may stay interested for up to a half an hour.

Well... I think if I would have put all new things in the bowl it would have worked for longer. But both my kids ended up liking this to some extent. The only downside was that the contents of the bowl ended up all over my living room floor in just a short period of time.

Next time I do this I will get all new things to go in the bowl. Although I'm not sure I have enough kid-safe things in my house that my kids haven't been into.

No comments: