My kids' favorite books

I found my ten month old playing with these books this morning and thought I would write a little bit about them. They are by far both my kids' favorite. I'm guessing the series is called Funny Faces but I could be wrong about that. The ones from the series that we have are Chirpy Chick, Alien Al, and Rusty Robot.


There are several books in this series but we just have a few of them. We got them at TJ Maxx or Ross, I can't remember exactly which one. Either way, we didn't pay full price for them.


I think the first thing they like is that the books are board books and that they are big. Each book also has the big eyes that move (see picture) and different textures. In the picture above, the diaper on the baby robot is a soft fabric. On the Chirpy Chick book, the fur is soft. Below, the spots on the aliens are textured.


The part of these books that my two year old loves the most is the very last page. When you turn the page to get to that last page, it lights up and makes a noise that relates to the story on that page.


On this page when you open it, the lights on the tractor light up and it makes a tractor noise.


On this page, the disco lights light up and disco music plays.


These books will be a favorite at our house for years to come.

No comments: