Night lights

My daughter is having a really hard time sleeping through the night right now. We just moved her bed into her sister's room and the transition has been tough.

We have suspected that part of the problem is that she is in a new room and during the night, she wakes up and doesn't know where she is at.

I saw an idea for making garland out of Christmas lights and thought they would work well for a bright night light for my girls' bedroom.

Plus when you are a child, there is something magical about Christmas lights. I still get that excited feeling in my stomach when I see Christmas lights in my house.

Since Christmas season is approaching, Christmas lights are easy to find at the store. I bought a string of mini white lights from Walmart for about 3 dollars.

I had some pink and white striped fabric in my sewing pile and I thought it would go perfectly with my daughters' room. I cut it into strips and tied them on the strand of lights.


 I ran the string of lights over the bookshelf in their room. It turned out really well.



As far as helping my girls sleep, I went into their room about 2 AM this morning when I heard some screaming and found my two year old running in circles around the room while my ten month old watched happily from her crib.

The no sleep marathon continues.

No comments: