Children, Children, What do you see?

My two year old LOVES the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr and Eric Carle. I bought the board book version for her when she was too young to know what a book was. We read it several times a day now. She just loves it. So when I found some printables here I knew I had something that she would like.

First, I printed off a counting project. This turned out really cute, but my daughter wasn't interested in this. It's scattered in pieces around our house.





Next, I printed off the heads and tails game. She LOVES this game. All the animals from the book are cut into heads and tails. Then you match them up. I put them in this little Anthropologie pouch I've been hanging on to for a long time. I knew a good use would come around. (If you sign up for their birthday club, they send you a coupon usually for about 15% off your next purchase. It comes in really cute packaging and that's where this pouch came from). This has been hours of fun at our house.






Last of all, I made a folder game. I laminated all the pieces and glued the shadows to the folder. Then I added Velcro to each piece and an envelope to the folder. We tried this one out at church and it did really well at keeping her attention. Then she figured out that she could tear the shadows off the folder and shred the envelope into pieces. So if you plan on making something like this, make sure you make it a bit more two-year-old friendly if you have younger kids.





Total cost for all three projects: The cost of laminating the pieces and printing them off for all three projects (maybe a few cents?). The last project requires a folder (I had one on hand), an envelope (I had that), and velcro (the kind for paper). I had this velcro for another project I have yet to finish but I want to say I paid under two dollars for a package and I didn't use a whole package.

Since my daughter loves this book, I have been on the lookout for more Brown Bear things for her. I noticed a few Brown Bear home decorations in my Pottery Barn Kids catalog I just received (online here). Now if only I could afford to buy any of it...

Jenn

No comments: