Newspaper Hats

I was lying in bed last night and a thought came to me. When I was preschool age, I thought it was so fun to make newspaper hats. We could color them and add decorations. I wonder if my two year old would like to have a newspaper hat.


First, I had to remember how to fold them. I did a little research and here's what I came up with.


This is my 11 month old. My two year old refused to put the hat on at first, but she warmed up to the idea over time.

Here's how I folded the hat:


Take one piece of newspaper and have it lying flat.


Fold it in half.


Fold both top corners toward the center fold.



Fold the bottom edge up (only the top layer of newspaper) to hold the previous folds in place.



Flip the newspaper over to the other side.


Fold both bottom corners into the center. This can be adjusted to fit the size of your kid's head.


Fold the bottom edge up to hold the folds in place.


And there you go! One thing we learned is that you may want to tape the hat together. Our hats came apart pretty easily.


Here's my daughter coloring her hat. Other decorations can be added such as stickers, colored paper, etc.

No comments: