Bread machine bread

One thing most people don't know about me is that I can't get bread to rise. It's terrible! I tried different flour, yeast, etc. I had such high hopes for myself.

Then my mom gave me a bread machine. Now we hardly ever buy bread at the store. Homemade bread is cheaper and healthier. It doesn't have any artificial additives or preservatives.



Last night I made a recipe that came in the manual for the bread machine. Usually I make whole wheat bread but I had just used all the butter in our house on another recipe so I gave this one a try. It turned out so good! It's called Kimmy's French Countryside Bread.


11-12 oz water
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbsp oil
4 cups bread flour
1 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp. active dry yeast

Add all the ingredients to the bread machine in order from the list. Select the French setting and the crust setting to medium. Push start. The only downside is that the French bread setting, on my bread machine at least, takes 3 hours and 50 minutes.

This bread would work great for garlic toast. We just ate it plain.

Yum.

No comments: