Coffee Filter Art

Once again, my sister has some great ideas for kids.

This is an activity she did with her students and they loved it. Well... my two year old loved it too.

What you need:

Markers
Coffee filters
Spray bottle of water (not included in picture)


I put down some plastic on our table because the ink bleeds through the coffee filters.

I let her draw in all the colors she wanted for as long as she wanted. My two year old had a great time doing this.




When she was done, we sprayed the coffee filters with water and watched the colors run.


If you want to make this an art lesson, you can talk about what happens when the colors mix or why the colors change when they mix.

When you are done, you can punch a hole in them and hang these up for display. We have enough stuff displayed at our house so we didn't do that but it would be fun for a play room or a kid's room.

No comments: